Sample copyright releases
- December 2, 2008 @ 2:50pmFreya Anderson says:One of our agencies has been requested to digitize some video and post it on their website. Some of the video is under copyright. I think I have them pretty well set up to make the copyright determinations, but they would like to make up a form to use when permission of the copyright holder is required. Does anyone have any such templates to share, or know of a good place to find them? We have one sample in-house, but the agency would like to see more alternatives. Thanks!
- December 3, 2008 @ 6:40amksmith says:There are a variety of sample forms, including a permission request letter, at this web page:
I think that the Copyright Management Center at IUPUI used to have a good selection of samples, but I don't know if it is being maintained now that their director has moved to NYC.
OK, so I just checked, and although the site says it will soon be taken down, it is still available and there is permission information at:
- December 10, 2008 @ 1:48pmMollyKleinman says:The resources that Kenneth Crews assembled at IUPUI have all been moved over to Columbia: http://www.copyright.columbia.edu/. This includes a section on requesting permission.
- December 11, 2008 @ 12:40pmRuthDukelow says:There are some sample permission letters on Making of Modern Michigan's web page: http://mmm.lib.msu.edu/html/copyright_letters.html
- December 17, 2008 @ 1:49pmFreya Anderson says:I'm a bit tardy in this, but thank you, all, for the links.
Posting to the forum is only available to users who are logged in.