← Return to forum

  • I saw the question about changing the Disney characters to avoid copyright issues. How would one go about getting permission from Disney or others such as Dora the Explorer, etc.?
  • The Copyright Clearance Center ( might be able to broker copyright permission for you, although they do not deal in trademark permissions, as far as I know. They also might put you in touch with the appropriate clearance departments and agencies agencies, however.

    In addition to being aggressive in defending their IP, Disney does not make it easy to contact their permissions departments (how many people does it take to say no?). Nevertheless, you can try writing to:

    Permissions Department
    500 S. Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-7663

Posting to the forum is only available to users who are logged in.

← Return to forum