Copyright questions about writing a book

← Return to forum

• These questions are based solely on copyrighting a book.

1. On the "Date of Creation" can someone see the exact month it was created or it will only show the year in which it was created?

2. Can any one contact the copyright government and ask them for my personal information like where was the certification sent, when was it sent, etc?

3. Can any one contact the copyright government to get the whole copy of a certain copyright book to send to a given address or electronically via an email?
  • can someone please answer any question anyway they can? It is very important to our writers :)
  • If this is a question about registering a work with the U.S. Copyright Office, here is what the U.S. Copyright Office says about copyright filing and public information: "Public Record Personally identifying information, such as your address, telephone number, and email address, that is submitted on the registration application becomes part of the public record. Some information will be viewable in the Copyright Office’s on‑line databases that are available on the Internet. For this reason, you should provide only the information requested. Please do NOT provide any additional personal information that is not requested, such as your social security number or your driver’s license number. (Read more on privacy.)" http://www.copyright.gov/forms/notice.html
  • okay i understand.

can someone please answer the last question, it is highly critical matter--

3. Can any one contact the U.S. copyright government to get the whole copy of a certain copyright book to send to a given address or electronically via an email? of course he will pay for it
  • can anyone please answer any question to the best of their knowledge please. (i contact the U.S. copyright phone # but they are always busy!)
  • I don't believe the Copyright Office would supply a copy of a book on request, both because they do not haave the time or the staff to do so and because it would infringe the copyright.

Posting to the forum is only available to users who are logged in.

← Return to forum