Cartoons on a car
- December 28, 2011 @ 3:52pmxHostile17x says:I wanted to know if it is possible to draw cartoon characters on my car. They will be already created cartoon which are copyrighted (such as Disney characters and other TV cartoon).
What do I have to do to make sure it is all legal?
- January 2, 2012 @ 2:04pmwilliamsonl says:Cartoons characters are also, possibly, covered by trademark law. Might this be fair use? Possibly. You would need to look at the 4 factors and decide. Disney in particular is infamous for going after even the individual when they perceive a violation.
1. Nature of the work--creative--against you
2. Nature of the use--is it education? No
3. Amount used--entire thing--against you
4. Effect on the market--the other 3 are not in favor of fair use, so whether or not it effects the market is arguable
Posting to the forum is only available to users who are logged in.